Ice Hotel Day Tour
Tour length: 4 - 5 hours
Ice Hotel Tour Overview
The Ice Hotel needs no introduction, and needless to say, walking through its frozen corridors is something to experience in person.
The tour starts from Kurravaara by heading off onto the frozen river towards Jukkasjärvi, the small town where the famous Ice Hotel is located. The ride towards the Ice Hotel takes about 45min, but first, our guides will stop in the Nutti Sámi Siida (aka ”Sami Camp”), where we will learn about the ancient Sami community, their way of life and their customs. We will also meet and feed Lapland’s reindeer in person!
Once we arrive at our final destination at Ice Hotel, guides will provide an updated introduction on the hotel, and explain what is the process of building such a hotel out of ice every year. Soon after, you’ll have some time to wander around the icy corridors of the hotel and explore their several pieces of art.
This tour is open for multiple bookings, so there can be other people also joining on the same tour. This tour can also be booked as private tour.
- Transfers by car is included if staying in another hotel in Kiruna
Overall and winter boots will be provided
- By own car: When arriving at SkyArk, we will come and meet you outside. Our guides will take care of you right away, and prepare you for the upcoming adventure.Starting 10.00 am.
- The tour is 5h in total
- Coffee break includes warm blueberry juice, coffee, tea or hot chocolate
- Price includes winter clothes, coffee break, transport to icehotel by snowmobile and sled, transfer, entrance to icehotel and Sámi Siida Márkanbáiki.
- Min 2 and max 6 people per tour (Children under 4 y.o. are not recommended to join the tour as they might get bored)
- Available from November 30th to 15th of April
SkyArk, Vasikkaniemivägen 15, 981 46 Kurravaara, Sweden. Our guides will take care of you right away, and prepare you for the upcoming adventure.
Warm clothing is a must. We recommend that guests have their own warm, layered-clothing. We can also provide overalls and winter boots to guests.
Please contact us by e-mail or phone and we will try to find a suitable group for you to join.
When booking, please provide us with the necessary information and we will see to it that it is taken into account.
Just bring warm clothing and we will take care of the rest, including fishing gear.