Northern Lights Dinner
Tour length: 4 - 5 hours
Northern Lights Tour Overview
We will ride with our SkyArks to a secret, secluded location away from city lights. In fact, is so deep into the wilderness, that the stars seem closer than normal and within our grasp.
Once there, we’ll enjoy a nice two-course dinner, on a typical Tentipi, telling stories around the bonfire, while waiting for the Northern Lights to show up and amaze us. Believe us, nothing beats this wild night-experience!
We will embark on an icy adventure with our unique SkyArks, a trade mark concept of our organisation. It consists on a glass cabin pulled by a snowmobile, well heated and set up with comfortable beanbags. The goal is to admire the surrounding wilderness from a perfectly heated glass sled, specifically designed to float like a magic carpet through the winter landscapes. Ready?
This tour starts from Kurravaara, by heading off on the river towards our own frozen island, in one secluded branch of the Torne river itself. If conditions are favourable, you’ll be amazed by Northern Lights throughout the transfer, since you can admire them through the glass of the SkyArk. Needless to say, your guide will stop anytime if you want to take pictures.
Guides will tell local stories sitting around the fire, drinking freshly brewed coffee to stay warm, while constantly sneaking out of the tent to see the Aurora blast the sky!
This tour is open for multiple bookings, so there can be other people also joining on the same tour. This tour can also be booked as private tour.
- Transfers by car is included if staying in hotel in Kiruna city centre or Jukkasjärvi
- By own car: When arriving at SkyArk, we will come and meet you outside. Our guides will take care of you right away, and prepare you for the upcoming adventure
- The tour is approximately 4h
- Included coffee and/or tea, dinner, private transportation
- Warm winter clothes (overalls) & boots can be arranged
- Additional options offered with the tour, see checkout
- Min 2 and max 6 people per tour (Children under 4 y.o. are not recommended to join the tour as they might get bored)
- Available from November 30th to 15th of April
Vasikkaniemivägen 15, 981 46 Kurravaara, Sweden. Once you get here, please park your car and wait for us. Our guides will take care of you right away, and prepare you for the upcoming adventure.
Warm clothing is a must. We recommend that guests have their own warm, layered-clothing. We can also provide overalls and winter boots to guests.
Please contact us by e-mail or phone and we will try to find a suitable group for you to join.
When booking, please provide us with the necessary information and we will see to it that it is taken into account.
Just bring warm clothing and we will take care of the rest, including fishing gear.