Arctic Wilderness Expeditions
Tour length: 2 - 4 days
An experience of a Lifetime
Why join a Wilderness Expedition?
Throughout Europe, the last remaining areas of extensive wilderness are limited to the Arctic regions, and they remain sparsely inhabited and relatively unexploited up to the present day. In winters, the rivers and lakes freeze, and you’ll find ski tracks, snowmobile paths and ice-fishermen out there.
This type of activity is meant for people who are looking for a lifetime experience while visiting Swedish Lapland.
Our Artic wilderness trips focus on a multitude of unique experiences – such as ice fishing, glamping, watching northern lights, wilderness sauna, snowshoe walking and total silence.
Whether you are an experienced arctic traveller or a total beginner, whether you have plenty of experience camping or this might be your first time, we offer the chance to go and try your luck up in the mountains, right in the heart of Sweden’s Arctic frozen wonderland.
Itinerary & Booking
– Suitable for groups between 2 to 6 persons
– Pick-up at hotel, airport or city centre in Kiruna; take-off with snowmobiles to the wilderness
– All transports handled by professional guides – normally one guest passenger per snowmobile in the wilderness.
– We use heated tents of high quality that are spacious with camping beds
– Full-service in the wilderness provided, including all meals, coffee and tea. No alcohol is included.
– Activities in the wilderness is decided on beforehand together with the group – we provide equipment for e.g. ice fishing, snow shoeing, skiing, but it needs to be agreed on beforehand.
– Guests must bring warm personal clothing, sun glasses, toiletries and own sleeping bag. Overalls and sleeping bags can be provided to the guests, but needs to be agreed on beforehand.
– Bring swimming suit / pants for wilderness sauna and ice swimming
– Know that all off-road transports are done with snowmobiles.
– Shuttle transport back to Kiruna hotel, airport of city centre
– As an option, we can have a professional photographer join the group and create eternal memories of your fishing experience.
– Snowmobiles renting alternatives available.